Help and Frequently Asked Questions
Before you get started, here are a few important rules:
- We only accept true 16:9 or wider videos, and do not allow stretched footage
- We do not accept any pillar or window boxing (ie. black bars around your video)
- We only accept HD video (720p or 1080p)
- We do not allow credits to be added to videos
- Maximum file size for your video upload cannot exceed 500MB
- We are looking for entries that can become official videos; Learn more
- There are important legal, release & consent checklists that you need to read
If you are having trouble uploading your video, please ensure the following:
- You are using the very latest version of Chrome or Firefox, with the latest updates, and clear your cache
- You use our preferred H.264 video codec, and .mov or .mp4 file type
- You are uploading true 16:9 resolution or wider
- Maximum file size for your video upload does not exceed 300MB
- Your video file name doesn't contain any special characters
- What broadcast specs will I need to supply if I am a winner or finalist?
- How do I change the thumbnail on my video?
- Can I replace my video with an updated version?
- How do projects work on Genero.tv?
- Can I use stock or public domain footage?
- How do I upload my video?
- What files formats does Genero support?
- What aspect ratio should I use?
- What are the recommended settings for videos?
- What is a Director Brief?
- Need a video? How to create a Director Brief.
- Filmmakers: submit a treatment in response to a brief.
- What are the legal & release form requirements?
- What are the full Terms & Conditions?
- Who owns the video after I submit it?
- Do I have to buy the track to use in a music video project?
- Can anyone download the featured tracks?
- I'm an artist/Label, how can I be featured?